Friday, September 02, 2005

none

After bugging them, I got this response:

Dear Sin Min,

Due to the overwhelming response, the panel have yet to complete the list of works selected for the exhibition. However, we expect the results to be out by the end of next week. So, please do visit the NAC website for the announcement and details.

Thank you.


Regards,

-- Michelle Tan

*** *** ***

Today, we celebrated Teachers' Day in school. I love five of my girls in my form class. I call them my Charlie's Angels. Anyway, they are very sweet. They called me in the office very early in the morning and passed me a nice cookie-biscuit and two cards. On one of the cards, the five girls wrote and signed off, with a 'from the 5 CHARLE'S ANGLE'......

My colleague's first reaction was an 'Oh no...'.............my poor angels can't spell Charlie's Angels....Nevertheless, I love these sweet darlings. I hope they all pass and I'll get to teach them next year again.

*** *** ***

Art. Teaching. Am I missing something in life? I miss drawing. I wish I can draw a hundred drawings... ... maybe even a thousand. Why don't my kids get the idea? One has to do a hundred or a thousand bad drawings before arriving at one good drawing. Perhaps they are too young to accept failure at an early stage? I remembered when I was in sec 2, I painted my 'Wuthering Heights' at least ten to twelve times, or even more, before arriving at a good one. Or are they too busy?

I managed to do half a drawing, or a quarter of a drawing today, in spite of my busy schedule. If anything, I must admit I must have been a terrible teacher in many areas. 3E7 thinks I'm very slack. I've half given up on 1N1 and 2N2...My admin work and form teacher duties suck. My NPCC work is mostly undone. I haven't planned many things. But above all things, my kids must learn that I'm a true artist who follows what I teach in art lessons. And it is not just about drawing well. It is about pursuing one's passion, and other values like perseverance and diligence.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home