Friday, August 12, 2005

None

I've officially submitted in my file for the Singapore Art Show. I do hope to get shortlisted and have a chance to display my works (and hopefully, see them in print in a catalogue). My concern is if I do indeed get shortlisted, the framing would cost a bomb ($250 would be a humble estimate). From a teacher's point of view, it is important to let students know that their art teacher IS passionate about art, IS involved in the Singapore art scene, and IS working hard for art. It is important to share these experiences with students. I had some students asking me what a CV (curriculum vitae) is, while of course there are some who think we are too old for competitions. I also tried to convince them that writing for art is important, that language for expression is important.

As a teacher, I was lamenting to my colleague Bryan about my failures and shortcomings in teaching. Currently my best class is 1E4, because they are the only ones who listen when I talk. I guess part of the reason is I'm their co-form teacher. I have failed with most of the other classes/lessons. I have also not been discharging my CCA duties and form teacher duties very well, but I guess having room for improvement is not necessarily a bad thing.

It is very important for me to continue to believe in myself as a teacher.

More importantly, I must continue to draw.

1 Comments:

At 10:43 AM, Blogger AK said...

Persevere!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home