Thursday, September 22, 2005

a short break

Had dinner with Sze Yung, though silly me forgot to bring my writings...

Teaching is taking its toll on me. It's tough, and I guess for the first few months of full time teaching (excluding practicum), there are more failures than successes, though there are exceptions like some of my fellow colleagues.

Anyway... I want to draw!!!!!!!! I can scream till the heavens burst, but I know I won't have the luxury of time and the peace of mind to do it. I can't stand the sight of most of my drawings now...they look so dull I want to do new things!

And I have many new books which I have bought but haven't made it through the first five or ten pages. But guess i can't really complain; after all I'm *paid* to teach...but teaching is more than a job isn't it?

The greatest compliment I've had from a student is she says I'm trying to behave or act like Morrie in 'Tuesdays with Morrie', because I do try to talk to them about life every now and then. (and it just happens that the silly girl is reading 'Tuesdays with Morrie' at the moment.)

I dreamt about work the night before...this means teaching has its occupational hazards (haha)...last night I dreamt of Melvin. Guess it's because I'm going for Brian's exhibition opening tomorrow (and that is if my NPCC ends early tomorrow)...

Okay...I've got to get some work done...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home