Friday, November 11, 2005

None

Music is a very powerful thing. When there are poetic lyrics, combined with a sad tune, beautifully arranged, and sung by an emotional voice, the whole composition moves one to tears. It stirs the very depths of one's soul. Those of us who have cried to music can attest that this is neither a joke nor a sentimentalist's imagination. In fact, I shall be very curious to know people who have not been moved by music.

Yesterday, I was very thankful for the 'Ivory II' album (courtesy of Sze Yung aka Cheesecake). I also thought about 'Forever Love' by X-Japan for some reason.

Today, I listened to Pan Yueyun (Chinese music in 80s...I'm reluctant to classify her under 'oldie'). She has a handful of really great hits. I shall be very glad if I can produce a handful of artworks that can move people like her music. I remember that Andrea (aka Pigeon) once commented that anything Pan Yueyun sings will sound good. (I have to disagree with this even though I am her fan, but her rendering of bu4 liao3 qing2 is sublime -- better than or at least equalled the best singers who have sung this song)

I hope to get 'Eternal Melodies II' by Yoshiki and perhaps an old collection of hits by Wang Jie. This is just a thought...for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home