Saturday, October 08, 2005

Ramblings...

I don't mean to sound like sour grapes, but if any of you had been to SMU to look at the Open Section Art by new artists for the Singapore Art Show, you would be glad that my works are not there. For a start, the venue is about 80% completed (i.e. parts of it is still under construction). Next, some of the works are seriously questionable, if not dubious. There was one painting that I thought even my kids could have done better. There was only one memorable painting there, and two familiar names (Nicola and Tang Ling Na...quite established young artists whose works are respectable). Apparently even P-10 or Joon Kiat didn't even give a damn about the whole event. One huge painting on the theme of nature was poorly and unprofessionally executed. It might be considered a good piece by my school's standards, but certainly not for professional artists. Reminds me of my work some years back. Even some of the presentation was not professional. To summarise, after going there, I am glad my works were not chosen.

Fish Leong's new song, 'Road', is not bad. (Better than the supposed hit 'Silkroad') Quite moving and meaningful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home